Coronavirus Health and Safety Guidance
Given the concerns about coronavirus (COVID-19) we encourage you to familiarise yourself with our latest advice.
Safety Guidelines - Retail Inspections
We want to ensure that all our Shepherds have the means to do their job without damaging themselves or others and we want to ensure people are encouraged and empowered to make the right decisions.
We expect people to make good decisions about their own work and their own health and safety. If risks are uncertain, or not covered by a process or procedure, then we expect you to stop work and consult the Shepper support team on the best way to approach the job. If you have any questions or concerns, speak up or ask!
Shepper does not discriminate on the basis of physical ability. If there are any circumstances which may stop you from following these guidelines, please let us know before you arrive at the asset and our Support team will advise on how best to complete a task if necessary.
If there are any circumstances which may stop you from following these guidelines, please let us know before you arrive at the asset.
- Always press start when you get to the asset that you are checking. This lets us know that you’ve arrived at the asset safely.
- If anything makes you feel unsafe, please contact Shepper Support via in-app Chat, or if an emergency please dial 999 first.
- You are welcome to travel to a Shepper job however you like. If you do travel by car or motorbike, please take care to park in a safe, proper parking space.
- Never use your phone whilst driving.
Asset specific guidelines - Retail Inspection
- If questioned by any members of staff, explain that you are conducting an inspection for Shepper. If they have any objections, let the Shepper Support team know.
- Occasionally the task may require you to move items. Take care when lifting heavy items and don’t undertake these tasks if you feel that they are outside of your capability.
If you have any concerns or questions about the safety of a task, please do not proceed and contact Shepper Support immediately.