Coronavirus Health and Safety Guidance
Given the concerns about coronavirus (COVID-19) we encourage you to familiarise yourself with our latest advice.
Safety Guidelines - Commercial Property Checks
We expect people to make good decisions about their own work and their own health and safety. If risks are uncertain, or not covered by a process or procedure, then we expect you to stop work and consult the Shepper support on the best way to approach the job. If you have any questions or concerns, speak up or ask!
Shepper does not discriminate on the basis of physical ability. If there are any circumstances which may stop you from following these guidelines, please let us know before you arrive at the asset and our Support team will advise on how best to complete a task if necessary.
The vast majority of our checks involve a simple visual inspection which require very little specialist training.
If there are any circumstances which may stop you from following these guidelines, please let us know before you arrive at the asset.
- Always press start when you get to the asset that you are checking. This lets us know that you’ve arrived at the asset safely.
- If anything makes you feel unsafe, please contact Shepper Support via in-app Chat, or if an emergency please dial 999 first.
- You are welcome to travel to a Shepper job however you like. If you do travel by car or motorbike, please take care to park in a safe, proper parking space.
- Never use your phone whilst driving.
Asset specific guidelines - Commercial Property Checks
- Always sign in to the property to let them know that you’ve arrived and are carrying out a check.
- Some commercial properties may require you to wear high-vis clothing or a hard hat, if this is the case, the site should provide PPE for you to wear.
- These sites may not be fully accessible to the public. If you feel that the site is not safe or that there are access issues that might be a risk, please do not proceed with the inspection and contact Shepper immediately.
- If a property is dirty don’t attempt to clean it or touch any of the mess, just contact the Shepper support team.
- If you identify any issue with the property that could be considered a safety hazard please contact the Shepherd support team. Do not attempt to fix it yourself.
If you have any concerns or questions about the safety of a task, please do not proceed and contact Shepper Support immediately.