Coronavirus Health and Safety Guidance
Given the concerns about coronavirus (COVID-19) we encourage you to familiarise yourself with our latest advice.
Safety Guidelines - Domestic Property Checks
We want to ensure that all our team and our Shepherds are working safely. We want to ensure that everyone has the means to do their job without damaging themselves or others and we want to ensure people are encouraged and empowered to make the right decisions.
We expect people to make good decisions about their own work and their own health and safety. If risks are uncertain, or not covered by a process or procedure, then we expect you to stop work and consult the Shepper support on the best way to approach the job. If you have any questions or concerns, speak up or ask!
Shepper does not discriminate on the basis of physical ability. If there are any circumstances which may stop you from following these guidelines, please let us know before you arrive at the asset and our Support team will advise on how best to complete a task if necessary.
The vast majority of our checks involve a simple visual inspection which require very little specialist training.
If there are any circumstances which may stop you from following these guidelines, please let us know before you arrive at the asset.
- Always press start when you get to the asset that you are checking. This lets us know that you’ve arrived at the asset safely.
- If anything makes you feel unsafe, please contact Shepper Support via in-app Chat, or if an emergency please dial 999 first.
- You are welcome to travel to a Shepper job however you like. If you do travel by car or motorbike, please take care to park in a safe, proper parking space.
- Never use your phone whilst driving.
Asset specific guidelines - Domestic Property Checks
- If a property is dirty don’t attempt to clean it or touch any of the mess, just contact the Shepper Support team.
- If you identify any issue with the property that could be considered a safety hazard please contact the Shepherd support team. Do not attempt to fix it yourself.
- In some cases you may be required to meet guests at the property. The guests that you are meeting are usually in a great mood as they’re starting their holiday, but if you feel uncomfortable, or like you’re being harassed and are in danger you can contact the police. Please ensure you let the Shepper Support team know.
- Guests may have heavy luggage. There is no obligation to help guests to carry this luggage into the property but, if you decide to, please take care handling the items. Please do not attempt to lift or carry anything that is beyond your capability.
If you have any concerns or questions about the safety of a task, please do not proceed and contact Shepper Support immediately.